The NHS has a statutory duty to ensure we involve users in planning, developing and delivering health services. We take this duty very seriously and we are keen not just to meet it, but to exceed it and ensure that the engagement and consultation process throughout the Joint Services Review (JSR) is 'gold standard'.
To help us do this we have established an independent body of representatives from the private, public, voluntary and community sector to ensure that county residents are able to effectively influence the review.
The 'Stakeholder Reference Board' (SRB) has been set up to ensure that the JSR gives sufficient opportunity for the local public, patients and other stakeholders to influence the development and consideration of options for service change.
The SRB includes representatives from the county's Health and Wellbeing Board, Healthwatch, Local Involvement Network, the University of Worcester, Herefordshire and Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce, Worcestershire Association of Voluntary Organisations in Community Care and Community First.
It will be chaired by Professor Rod Griffiths, former Director of Public Health for the West Midlands.
Throughout the JSR process we aim to keep staff, the public and partners informed about the way we are making progress in deciding what the opportunities and options are for health services in the future. The SRB will quality assure the entire public engagement and consultation process.
Our committment is for the process to be carried out with integrity - open, honest, inclusive and timely.
Wherever possible clinicians will lead the dialogue and debate with local people about the emerging options. There will be extensive consultation about these options - both as they are being worked up, and again as they are being developed prior to any formal public consultation.
- Professor Rod Griffiths - Independent Chair
- Dr Richard Taylor
- Cllr Marcus Hart - Cabinet Member for Health and Well-Being, Worcestershire County Council
- Cllr Bill Hartnett, Leader, Redditch Borough Council
- Cllr Fran Orborski, Wyre Forest District Council
- Cllr Ron Davies, Wychavon District Council
- Cllr Brian Cooper, Bromsgrove Borough Council
- Ann Montague-Smith - LINk Chair
- Peter Pinfield - Healthwatch Chair
- Richard Levett, CALC
- Jim Smith, WAVOCC
- Richard Quallington, Community First
- Mark Jackson, Chief Executive, St Richards Hospice
- Jan Quallington, Worcester University
- Mike Ashton, Hereford and Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce
The Board will be serviced by NHS Executives and Clinical Leads including one or more of:
- Eamonn Kelly, Chief Executive, NHS Worcestershire
- Penny Venables, Chief Executive, Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
- Dr Richard Harling, Director of Adult Services and Health, Worcestershire County Council
- Chris Fearns, Director of Strategy, Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
- Dr Anthony Kelly, Chair of Worcestershire Clinical Senate
- Dr Carl Ellson, CCG Lead, South Worcestershire